An Extravaganza of Aussie Reptiles – and Aquarium Fish!
Melbourne has never seen anything quite like RepX & AQUARFEST 2018. Two great expos dedicated to the reptile and aquarium hobbies under one roof! Bigger and better, with more to see and do, and a whopping 3000m2 floor space in Melbourne’s premium venue, located in the heart of the South Wharf leisure precinct.
Melbourne has demonstrated a strong and sustained interest in the reptile hobby. Building on the success of our Brisbane Expo in March 2018, RepX will take this to the next level with an event that surpasses anything before. And for the first time, we are proud to introduce AQUARFEST – a dedicated expo for aquarists that is long overdue, especially considering that many hobbyists, and the businesses that support them, share an interest in both reptiles and aquaria.
This combined experience is already attracting considerable industry attention and will appeal to a wide audience of enthusiasts, as well as anyone thinking about acquiring an unusual pet or with an interest in animals, and families looking for an entertaining day out. RepX & AQUARFEST 2018 will feature informative presentations and continual interactive displays guaranteed to hold the attention, in addition to door prizes and free children’s entertainment.
This represents a unique opportunity for both existing hobbyists and novices to engage with industry experts and suppliers of products and services – and for the aquarium fraternity, the first such occasion in many years. The perfect platform upon which to introduce innovative product lines, connect with new and existing markets, and enhance your business profile.
RepX & AQUARFEST are backed by a wealth of industry experience; we are committed to producing the best unusual pet shows around the country, whilst striving for further growth, promoting responsible private ownership and conservation, and presenting our industry in a cohesive, impactful and professional manner.
Packages have been tailored to suit a variety of exhibitors, with additional branding and advertising opportunities for sponsors. There are also limited premium positions which straddle both expos. Early registration will maximise exposure and ensure your footprint is reserved. If you wish to discuss your individual requirements, please contact us here.
RepX & AQUARFEST – Melbourne 2018
Sunday 25th November 2018 from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Victoria, 3006.
- recently unveiled $200 million renovation and expansion
- unrivalled location on the banks of the Yarra
- extensive undercover parking facilities
- conveniently serviced by public transport
- perfectly positioned to attract passing foot traffic
- wheelchair access and disabled amenities
To be part of RepX & AQUARFEST – Melbourne 2018 as an exhibitor or sponsor, please download this Prospectus & Registration Form document. Follow the instructions inside in order to successfully register your interest.
Green areas represent RepX, Blue areas represent AQUARFEST, split areas represent interchangeable zones.
Can I sell my animals at the show?
For reptiles, we are currently going through the approval process and will update as soon as a decision has been made.
For fish, we are approved to allow for sales to occur. No noxious exotics or native species are allowed to be sold/purchased.
Can I have a preference to my exhibitor position?
The earlier you are able to secure a exhibitor registration, the more flexibility we have with your placement. This and other relevant questions will be asked during your registration process, so your preference of position will be accommodated for as best as possible between now and when the show starts.
When do we have to be set up by?
Set up completion time on the day is strictly 9:45am, as the show starts at 10:00am. We will be utilising a staggered loading dock access schedule by which you will be provided with a loading dock access window (you must be on site 30 minutes before your window starts). You must also be unloaded from your vehicle(s) and clear of the loading dock within this window after which you can then set up your exhibitors position by the completion time of 9:45am.
My question isn't listed here, what do I do?
Terms and Conditions
This document contains the standard terms and conditions of registration and participation in the RepX and Aquarfest Melbourne Expos 2018. Completion of the Registration Form acknowledges that you have read, accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- The term ‘Organiser’ shall refer to J. McGrath & S Owen, trading as RepX and Aquarfest.
- The term ‘Exhibitor’ shall refer to any person(s), business, company, or other legal entity, together with its agents and employees, identified in the Registration Form, or other correspondence, and requesting exhibition space.
- The term ‘Sponsor’ shall refer to any person(s), business, company, or other legal entity, together with its agents and employees, identified in the Registration Form, or other correspondence, and requesting premium exhibition space together with possible inclusion on advertising and promotional materials.
- The term ‘Venue’ shall refer to the Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre, located at 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, including its agents and representatives, or any alternative exhibition premises as detailed by the Organiser.
- The term ‘Contract’ shall refer to the agreement formed between the Organiser and the Exhibitor or Sponsor, which is formed upon lodgement of the Registration Form and receipt of appropriate payment, and bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Obligations and Rights of the Organiser
- The Organiser agrees to allocate exhibition space to the Exhibitor or Sponsor subject to receipt of completed Registration form or other written request and receipt of required payment. The Organiser will make every possible effort to assign preferred locations and floor space, and to comply with any other special requests from the Exhibitor or Sponsor.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend both the location and layout of the exhibition space; should this become necessary, the Organiser will consult with the Exhibitor or Sponsor to achieve the most suitable outcome.
- The Organiser reserves the right to vary the duration of the exhibition and the hours to which it is open to the public.
- The Organiser reserves the right to issue verbal or written directions to the Exhibitor or Sponsor to ensure that the requirements of the Venue are adhered to, and to prevent personal injury or damage to property.
- The Organiser may without limitation refuse to permit particular activities within the exhibition or may require the cessation of activities at its discretion.
- The Organiser may refuse to admit the display or presentation of printed matter or other materials within the exhibition. Prior approval may be sought by the Exhibitor or Sponsor.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disallow any components of the Exhibitor’s or Sponsor’s exhibit that it believes may result in damage to the Venue. The Exhibitor or Sponsor will be liable for any damage to the Venue, and will be required to pay for any repairs, with payment due seven days from date of invoice.
- The Organiser will monitor sound levels in conjunction with representatives of the Venue and their requirements, and the Exhibitor or Sponsor agrees to comply with any directions from the Organiser or Venue staff.
- The Organiser will advise the Exhibitor or Sponsor of the times at which access to the Venue will be available for the purposes of setting up and dismantling the exhibit. The Exhibitor or Sponsor is responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient resources available to ensure they are able to set up and dismantle their exhibit during the allotted periods.
- Additional conditions will apply to the movement of display materials and other items prior to, during and after the closure of the exhibition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to deny an application for registration, or refuse to allow the participation of a potential Exhibitor or Sponsor without assigning a reason for this decision.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Contract if payment is not received within the prescribed period. The Contract may also be cancelled by return of payment within 28 days of receipt.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any person without a valid ticket or other reason for entry or who does not comply with these terms and conditions or the requirements of the Venue.
- The Organiser will accept no liability for loss or damage of property on behalf of the Exhibitor or Sponsor.
- The decision of the Organiser shall be final and binding for any other matters not covered in the Contract.
Obligations and Rights of the Exhibitor or Sponsor
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor must ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contract, in addition to any directions or requests issued by the Organiser or representatives of the Venue.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor is also required to comply with any applicable legislation and the requirements of the Venue, including those that relate to Occupational Health and Safety.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor will take every possible precaution to avoid personal injury or damage to property.
- .The Exhibitor or Sponsor will adhere to all fire safety regulations and will not use flammable or dangerous materials within the exhibition. If such materials are considered essential to the success of the exhibit, prior approval must be sought in writing from the Organiser and the Venue.
- Any allocated exhibition space must be used only for the display and promotion of goods and services that conform to the specific category of the area allocated and the broader scope of the exhibition as a whole.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor must submit plans and specifications for all custom exhibits to the Organiser for approval not later than 9 November 2018. Failure to do so may result in the exhibit being ruled ineligible for display.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor is responsible for all items and materials located within their allotted space.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor must ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of their allotted space, and will not display any materials in such a way as to interfere with or obstruct other exhibitors or public access. Under no circumstances must goods be stored in public areas.
- No screws, nails or any other form of fixture may be used on any part of the Venue’s property, including but not limited to walls and floors, without written permission from the Organiser and the Venue.
- Unless granted special permission by the Organiser, all business transactions must be completed within the Exhibitor’s or Sponsor’s allotted exhibition space.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor agrees to conform with delivery instructions and warrants that the Organiser will not be liable for lost or damaged goods, or goods rejected by the Venue.
- At the conclusion of the event, the Exhibitor or Sponsor must ensure that their exhibit is dismantled promptly and in accordance with time constraints advised. Failure to do so may result in additional exit costs, to be borne by the Exhibitor or Sponsor.
Registration and Payment
- All completed Registration Forms must be lodged and all payments in full received by close of business on 16 November 2018.
- Exhibitors are required to make payment in full within seven (7) days of lodgement of the completed Registration Form.
- Sponsors are required to pay a deposit of fifty (50) percent within seven (7) days of lodgement of the completed Registration Form, or other written request, with the balance by close of business on 16 November 2018, unless otherwise agreed with the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to offer incentives for early Registration and payment.
- The Organiser will allocate exhibition space on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, and will attempt to accommodate requests, so that Exhibitors and Sponsors who commit early will have greater choice of floor space as well as greater advertising exposure.
- If payment is not received by the required date, the assigned exhibition space with become available to other Exhibitors or Sponsors, and any deposits paid will automatically be forfeited. No refunds will be provided.
- No Exhibitor or Sponsor shall occupy any exhibition space unless all monies owing to the exhibitor have been paid in full.
- If an Exhibitor or Sponsor fails to occupy their allotted space by the exhibition opening time, the Organiser reserves the right to reallocate this space for any other purposes, according to the best interests of the success of the exhibition. The Exhibitor or Sponsor will remain bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Contract and will not be eligible for a refund.
- All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include any applicable Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Payments must be made to RepX via direct deposit, cheque, or credit card.
- Contractors wishing to undertake any works or business at the exhibition must first be registered with the Venue and the Organiser. This will necessitate production of evidence of satisfactory compliance with insurance, Public Liability and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
Insurance and Liability
- All Exhibitors and Sponsors must hold appropriate Public Liability Insurance to cover the period of the exhibition, including set up and dismantling. Documentary proof of cover must be produced immediately at the request of the Organiser.
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor must insure, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless in respect of all claims, costs, damages, demands, expenses, injuries and interest that may arise during or as a result of the exhibition.
- The Organise will endeavour to protect the assets of Exhibitors and Sponsors whilst on display at the Venue, however, neither the Organiser nor the Venue can accept liability for any loss or damage to property whatsoever. Therefore:
- The Exhibitor or Sponsor agrees that it is responsible for obtaining additional insurance, at its own cost, against property loss or damage.
- The Organiser is not liable for any loss incurred by the Exhibitor or Sponsor as a result of the intervention of any Authority which limits in any way the use of the assigned exhibition space.
- The Organiser makes no guarantee as to the appearance of any advertised attractions or entertainment, and reserves the right to amend this as necessary.
- The Organiser makes no guarantee as to attendance at the exhibition, or as to the level of commercial activity generated by Exhibitors or Sponsors.